1 Agree Standards with stakeholders
2 Measure existing performance (where it exists)
3 Develop a new prototype to meet Standards
4-5 Test and refine prototype till it meets Standards
6 Implement finished design
7 Monitor design in use
Why you need standards
Without Standards you have to tolerate:
- forms you cannot complete
- instructions you cannot follow
- documents you cannot use
- signposts that get you lost
- websites you cannot use.
We have created Standards based on:
- 30+ years research
- extensive stakeholder engagement
- 1,000s of test results in print & digital contexts
- support & advocacy by many.
Apply Standards to:
- labels & instructions
- bills, letters, & emails
- legal & financial documents
You can use our Standards to:
improve everyday life for people to an acceptable standard
advocate for high standards of communication and information design
enhance outcomes in business and government for people.
We have created two sets of standards:
Support our research on Standards
Never tolerate information you cannot use.
Together we can make a difference to everyday life.